• Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
• Direct the hiring, training, or performance evaluations of marketing or sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
• Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
• Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
• Apply theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technology.
• Meet with managers, vendors, and others to solicit
cooperation and resolve problems.