1. To be a focal point in the delegation on particular developmental issues including revision of statutes and structures, financial management and fundraising, branch development and volunteering including youth. This includes:
- providing technical advise and support to the Central Asian National Societies;
- facilitating work of external and RC/RC specialists/consultants, when needed;
- keeping up-to-date with developments, activities, needs and resources within Central Asia National Societies in these areas;
- keeping up to date with developments within the Federation in these areas (resources, policies etc.);
- pro-actively providing information to the Central Asian National Societies and delegations on these issues, highlighting points of interest to relevant programmes staff;
- maintaining and promoting use of information resources within the Central Asian national Societies and the delegation on these organisational development issues;
- coordinating of the “on job coaching” for the development and youth officers from the Central Asia national societies.
2. Be a resource within the delegation for the delegation and Central Asia National Societies on planning methods and approaches. Assistance to the national society counterparts – development officers and the delegation in preparation of appeal.
Coordination and knowledge sharing
3. Be responsible for the preparation of regular development and youth seminars and workshops for national societies in Central Asia. Input to training and facilitation. Encourage and support active involvement of the Central Asian staff in practical implementation of regional initiatives and events.
4. Promote methods to share information within the region on development of host national societies. Co-ordinate the regular (twice a year) production of the Central Asia National Societies development bulletin – ensuring its contents are relevant; liaise its circulation with the Regional Programme Coordinator within Central Asia national societies and partners involved in support of development.
5. Be an administrator for the Branch Development Grant Programme for the region. Promote methods to include more national society staff and leadership in development and decision making of the programme and its future steps. Advocate for the branch development component to be included in all prjects.
6. Build links between Central Asia National Society development and youth officers. Act as a focal point for the “exchange of staff and volunteers” within five national society development and youth departments.
7. Building links with other organisations involved in similar work in civil society across the region, promoting knowledge of the work of the RC in these areas and building links for future co-operation
Management and reporting
8. As the budget holder for organisational development and youth programmes for which funding is provided through the Regional Delegation, support and encourage effective National Society monitoring, management and reporting of Federation supported projects. This includes:
- producing and maintaining of the organisational development and youth programmes budgets
- consolidating the financial reporting including verification of costs, proper coding
9. Ensure the production of accurate and timely regular and special reports for delegation and donors on the organisational development and youth programmes.
10. Travel within the region when and if needed upon the request form national societies; undertake field trips to monitor activities covered by the organisational development and youth programmes of the National Societies.
11. Act as a focal point for briefing of new delegates and visitors in the area of organisational development and youth activities of the host national societies.